Thursday, November 24, 2011

Feature: Dreams

Sportsgirl's new BELIEVE initiative is a refreshing reminder for women to follow their dreams and believe in themselves. The campaign urges women to "go confidently in the direction of your dreams!" and "live your life like you've imagined". Sonya of the Swirl and Swing tagged me to answer a few fun questions about my own journey.

As a child what did you want to be when you grew up? I've always changed my ambitions every two seconds, and to absolutely conflicting degrees, might I add. Nonetheless, I've always had a vivid imagination so there was no denying I'd be a creator of some kind. I studied dance from a young age until my mid teens and desperately wanted to be a ballerina; other than a designer that was probably my most desirable dream. 

Did you make this dream come true or change your mind? Definitely changed my mind. When I graduated from high-school 3 years ago I couldn't really decide what I wanted to do, so I just took up an arts degree. It was pretty boring and I didn't see much ever coming out of it, so I transferred universities to a more involved course in computer-based design and I've never looked back. I thought about it later and remember as a child creating magazine covers in Microsoft Word (the days before I knew anything of Adobe) and realised I always did want to be an art director.

What is your fave childhood memory? Definitely having fun without technology. I know I can shut it off, but it's just so hard! I never stopped drawing and painting as a child, and as I've become more involved with technology, that talent has slowly faded away. 


The biggest dream you have right now? I'm a massive dreamer. I have it in my head that one day I'll be living in a studio apartment in New York City and working in the design department of NYLON magazine. I'm realistic about it, and know it takes a lot of hard work and time to get there, but I'm hopeful it will come one day.

Your summer must-have pick from the current Sportsgirl range?

2 comments:

  1. Aw You tagged me! So sweet :)
    New York and working for magazines sounds awesome! I want to work for a magazine too.

    I guess I have to answer these questions now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, I like your picks! It's interesting to see what everyone's must haves pieces are. As for becoming an art director, I think you're going to be hugely successful! See you Saturday. X

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping in at Vacant Lake! Make sure to leave a link to your blog so I can take a look xx