Thursday, January 19, 2012

DIY: Tee Shift Dress


I have been loving tee shift dresses ever since I first saw Factory Girl a few years ago.
The perfect 60s look as Sienna Miller models as Edie Sedgwick in the biography.

The only problem is that I had been searching a long time for the right cut and colour and have come across only a few… but with excruciating price tags and not in my size anyway.

While searching through my local Lifeline I found a long black and white striped t-shirt and it fit me perfectly as a shift. I'll admit, it isn't a great label or anything, just from Tightrope but it looked great so who cares! However what comes with Tightrope is some of their dodgy attributes to pieces - this shirt came with an unattractive belt attached into the seam. There was only one thing to do.

1 comment:

  1. Great idea! Seriously, that belt...just, no. Haha. Nice work on thinking to get rid of it to make a shift - I am constantly looking for great shift tee dresses but I'm usually always too tall and they're never quite long enough. Oh well. Love stripes too, always a classic xx

    http://modernlegacy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping in at Vacant Lake! Make sure to leave a link to your blog so I can take a look xx