Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Beauty: Addicted to Buzz

Dress by Kitty Kat at Side Street 


Hi, my name's Abbey and I'm addicted to shaving my hair.

Funnily enough, no more than a few years ago I was terrified when my father asked me to trim his hair for him with his clippers. I had never used them before and was afraid of making a mistake. But I've become accustomed to them and now find myself trimming my undercut with a 6mm guard every fortnight. All on my own might I add.

I don't know what it is about it but I find it to be one of the most thrilling and liberating things ever. Maybe it's just me but I love it. I'd one day like to shave it all off, but as you all know I'm in the process of growing the top half right now.

In saying that I wanted to also talk about my weave. The whole ordeal was a major nightmare initially and then it grew out way too fast. Personally I would oppose the idea of getting one if you're considering it unless you're prepared to fork out a lot of money to keep it constantly fresh. Having gone through it all myself, I just don't feel like it's worth it. I thought I'd spare you the specific details, but if you're interested to find out what went so wrong just let me know.

But until next time...

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping in at Vacant Lake! Make sure to leave a link to your blog so I can take a look xx