Sunday, November 30, 2014

DIY: Floral Fix Up


DIY floral Dress / ICE boots


This is quite an old DIY - more than a year old to be exact - but I've never blogged about it and thought I probably should!

After purchasing a midi skirt from my local Salvation Army a few years ago and not wearing it like I had intended (this seems to be a running scenario with me) I decided to recreate it as something more wearable in my wardrobe and came up with this dress.

It was relatively easy to create, the neckline was the most difficult. I didn't want to throw it out or anything because I loved the pattern on the fabric and now it's one of my favourite items in my wardrobe!

Below you can see what it looked like as a skirt in a previous blog post (which is no longer live) and see the comparison. As a dress it's much more wearable for me and I'm a big fan of the high neckline trend.

Which do you prefer? Before or after?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping in at Vacant Lake! Make sure to leave a link to your blog so I can take a look xx