Tuesday, December 16, 2014

With Tired Eyes, Tired Minds, Tired Souls, We Slept



I feel slightly odd publishing this post. Australia (and the rest world) has just endured a heart wrenching 24 hours and I feel like anything I post in the coming few days, maybe weeks (and really forever) is just going to be totally trivial. Healthy human life is the most valuable thing in this world. 

I kept an eye on what was happening as the siege in Sydney unfolded yesterday and was reluctant to go to bed last night in fear of what I would wake up to but held hope that it would be a happy ending. I woke to a dark discovery when I read of the news of the deaths of two hostages, Katrina Dawson and Tori Johnson. My deepest sympathy goes to the family and friends of these victims, in particular the young children of Katrina, as well as anyone who was affected by this tragedy. 

I've never been more proud of Australia than I am in this moment. We tend to always band together when the going gets rough but this is standout.

I feel that this post is trivial but I'm going to post it anyway, because we need to live life as we normally would. And I would normally post on this blog. And I would normally advertise it on Instagram and Facebook. So that's what I'm going to do.  

ASOS Dress / Clogs (I've had these for years and have no idea where they're from)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping in at Vacant Lake! Make sure to leave a link to your blog so I can take a look xx